Monday, August 31, 2009

Mini Portfolio



"Worm out of Sight" is an animation final I did for my Intro to Animation/illustration class back in Spring 2008. Since then I have learned a bit more about animation through some of my 112b classes, where we learn life drawing from a former animator, Sheldon Borenstein. The Animation Podcast is a great show I listen to, where famous animators are interviewed about their lives and movies they've worked on. I also like to absorb knowledge from my peers as I watch and listen to them struggle on their animations. I am currently in Art 114, my second animation class.

Illustration is my primary focus in the A/I program at San Jose State. Painting has become my new love since taking Art 113a with Cameron Chun. However I love the acting and story telling aspects of animation. I appreciate how exaggerated and loose the drawings are in each frame, which are good skills to have for illustration. Some of my favorite animated films are Ratatouilli, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and Tekonkinkreet.

2 comments:

  1. Your mini-portfolio looks good although I wish you'd posted some images of your drawings and/or paintings. It's always a pleasure to see the nice work that comes out of the A/I program.

    You've scored full credit (5 points and 10 points) on your first two assignments.
    I will write comments, like this one, when I grade these assignments; feel free to erase them if you prefer that others not see them.

    ReplyDelete